Panchak Yoga is one of the fearsome Yogas in Vedic astrology. It is a five-day inauspicious duration when it is advised to not start any auspicious work or perform certain activities.
It is believed that starting any new work during Panchak Kaal is not auspicious. Such work never gets accomplished and is repeated five times. Moreover, birth and death during Panchak Kaal are said to have a dreadful impact on the lives of the natives.
Panchak in the Sanskrit language refers to a group of five. As per Vedic astrology, Panchak signifies the conjunction of five Nakshatras or constellations- Dhanishta, Purva Bhadrapada, Shatabhisha, Uttar Bhadrapada, and Revati. These Nakshatras are called Panchak Nakshatras.
Panchak in 2021!
Learn about 2021 Panchak dates, Panchak efffects and easy astrological remedies from best online astrologers of India.Chat With Astrologer!
During Panchak Kaal, the moon transits through the Panchak Nakshatras for approximately five days. As the 27 Nakshatras are divided into twelve zodiac signs, Panchak Kaal is defined as the five day period when the moon is positioned in the last two zodiac signs, Aquarius and Pisces.
What is Panchak Death?
Death in the Panchak period is called Panchak death. As per Hindu beliefs, death in the Panchak Nakshatra is very inauspicious and unfavorable. Such a person doesn’t attain salvation and their soul does not rest in peace. For the family and relatives. It is believed that if someone has died during the Panchak Kaal, it causes the death of five people from the clan or family within 24 months.
Panchak Death Remedies
In order to avoid the malefic influence of Panchak Death, perform the proper vedic rituals of cremation. Here are the vedic rituals to observe for death during Panchak Yoga.
- Make 5 mannequins using flour (Atta) and grass and cremate them along with the dead body. This Panchak Kaal remedy will save the family member from the malefic influence of Panchak Yog.
Vedic Remedies After Fifteen days of the Panchak Death
If no Panchak remedy is followed at the time of death, one should perform the following Vedic rituals to eliminate the malefic effects of Panchak death. These Panchak death remedies should be performed after fifteen days of Panchak death with the help of a priest or astrologer. Here are the Vedic rituals needed to observe.
- All the Family members ought to be present while performing Vedic rituals for Panchak death.
- Pitru Tarpan Pooja or Shradh Puja should be performed at home. In this Puja, 5 dolls need to be created with Kusha grass (Darbha) and white cotton.
- Later, Prana Prathistapana ritual ceremony of five dolls should be performed. This ritual signifies filling up life in the dolls.
- Then, the dolls should be buried in sand or mud near the sacred ponds, lakes or river.
- After burying, perform Rudrabhisheka at home and offer Pitru Tarpan.
- Family members may also perform Nakshatra Shanti Puja and Navagraha Shanti Pooja to pacify the planets and eradicate the malefic effects of Panchak Dosh.
- Later, perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Jaap and Havan at home.
- In case a person dies in Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra, then family members should donate “Daana” Brass pot with sesame seeds)
- As per Garuda Purana, If a person dies in Panchak Kaal, their house should be closed for six months depending upon the Panchak death Nakshatra.
- Narayana Bali is to be performed if a person is died by abnormal death reasons like fasting, Animal, Arson or by curse. This ritual should be performed within six months or immediately after death.
- If a person is died by suicide, snake bite, murder, electric shock, robbery, fall from mountain, then as per Garuda Purana, there is no Vedic ritual to alleviate the effects of Panchak Death.
Birth In Panchak Yoga
Here are the following defects that each Panchak Nakshatra born person suffers froIf a child is born in Panchak Nakshatra, then they are said to experience various defects in the native’s life.
- Person born under Dhanistha Panchak may possess physical disabilities.
- Natives born under Poorva Bhadrapada have conflicts with their families. They face several problems at their home.
- People born in Satabhisha suffer from a number of health issues in their life.
- Uttara Bhadrapada born natives suffer heavy losses at work.
- If a child is born in Revati, then he/she bears business loss whenever Panchak is in the respective constellation.
Panchak Dosha Remedies
Following Panchak Kaal Remedies are very effective in alleviating the negative effects of Panchak Kaal. Even if you are not born under Panchak Nakshatra, you should follow it to avoid the impact of Panchak Dosha.
- Worship Lord Hanuman and offer fruits before travelling towards the South direction during Panchak Kaal. South is the direction of God of Death, Yam Dev, thus travel towards South during Panchak Yog only if it is very necessary.
- Do not buy wooden items but if it is necessary, perform Havan of Goddess Gayatri before proceeding for purchase.
- Construction of rooftop is forbidden in Panchak kaal. However, if it is necessary, offer sweets to workers before starting construction work.
- One should follow the astrological remedies and precautions suggested by the experienced astrologer or priest during Panchak. Strictly avoid the things that are forbidden during Panchak Kaal.
Precautions During Panchak Kaal
- As soon as Panchak of Dhanishta Nakshatra starts. Stay away from collecting wood, grass or fuel related objects. It is believed that during Panchak there are chances of catching fire at home which may hurt you or your loved ones.
- Do not construct a bed during the Panchak Kaal due to chances of fire as a malefic impact of Panchak Yoga.
- Avoid beginning any new work, business, construction or any major financial transaction during Panchak Nakshatras.
- Do not lend money or give loans during Panchak Kaal timing.
- Avoid construction of terrace during Revati Nakshatra.
- Cremating a dead body during Panchak is strictly prohibited. It is advised to perform Shanthikarma before cremation.
- Abstain from traveling in the Southwards direction during Panchak, especially if you are born under Panchak Yoga.
- It is not advisable to perform auspicious events like House warming ceremony, Upnayan Sanskar, Bhoomi Pujan etc.
Performing the astrological remedies of Panchak will definitely help in alleviating the negative and malefic effects of Panchak Yoga. It is always suggested to Ask an Astrologer to learn about astrological remedies of Panchak Dosha based on your horoscope. Experienced astrologers can also help you in finding the Shubh muhurat for the starting any new work or conducting auspicious events such as Marriage, Mundan ceremony and Namkaran Sanskar ceremony in Panchak Kaal.