Pitra Dosha or Pitru Dosha/ Pitr is said to be one of the destructive astrological Dosha in Vedic astrology. People with Pitra Dosha in Kundali suffer from several hurdles, calamities and adversity in the various spheres of life. Due to the malefic effects of Pitra Dosha, a native could not achieve the desired success and face hardships in almost every work. As per Vedic astrology, if the malefic planets of Pitra Dosha are dominant in one’s horoscope, then such a native could not enjoy the favorable outcomes rendered by the benefic planets of their horoscope.
Do You Have a Pitra Dosha?
Get instant vedic astroogy reading for your life. Check Pitra Dosha in your Kundli and get astrological remedies for instant peace and happiness.Get Vedic Astrology Reading!
What is Pitru Dosha and its Causes?
In Pitra Dosha, the word Pitra refers to Forefathers while the word Dosha refers to flaws. Thus, the Pitru Dosha meaning is decoded as the “flaws caused due to forefathers”. It is believed that if the forefathers and ancestors of a native have committed any sin or crime or mistake in their lives knowingly or unknowingly, then their souls couldn’t find peace and the native inherit Pitra Dosha in the birth horoscope. Also, Pitra Dosha occurs in a Kundali when the native in the previous birth has attempted to hurt or harm his/her ancestors or parents. Hence, Pitra Dosha is basically a kind of Karmic debt of ancestors which the native is destined to clear off either by intense sufferings or nullifying the bad deeds by performing good deeds.
How to See Pitra Dosh in Kundli?
There are certain astrological combinations that indicate Pitru Dosha or Pitru Dosham in Janam Kundali. Astrologers analyze your Birth Chart and identify Pitra Dosha in the horoscope by observing these planetary combinations.
- If Sun, Moon and Rahu or any two planets are positioned in the 7th house, then native said to bear malefic effects of Pitra Dosha due to Venus.
- If Venus, Saturn and Rahu or any two of these planets are positioned in the 5th house of the Kundali, the native is said to be afflicted by Pitra Dosha due to the Sun.
- If Ketu is positioned in the 4th house, then the native suffers from Pitra Dosha due to the Moon.
- If the Moon is in the third or sixth astrology house, then the native said to suffer from the ill effects of Mercury.
- The presence of any one or both planets, Mercury or Ketu in the 1st or 8th House of the horoscope causes negative effects of the planet, Mars on the native.
- If Venus, Mercury and Rahu or any two of them are positioned in the 2nd, 5th, 9th or 12th House in the horoscope, then the native will bear ill effects due to Jupiter.
- If Sun, Moon and Mars or any two of them are positioned in the 10th or 11th house of the horoscope, then the native will bear the malefic effects of Saturn.
- If Sun and Venus or any one of them are placed in the 12th house in the horoscope, then the native experiences Pitru Dosha due to Rahu.
- If the Moon and Mars or any one of them are placed in the 6th House of the Birth Chart, then the native will bear the adverse effects of Pitra Dosha due to Ketu.
You may find Pitra Dosha in your Kundali using Pitra Dosha Calculator to get easy and quick Pitra Dosha analysis. Also, you may Ask an Astrologer to know about Pitra Dosha, its effects and astrological remedies based on your Birth date and time.
How to Get Rid of Pitra Dosha?
Pitra Dosha effects are adverse and thus one should always seek astrological remedies of Pitra Dosha from experienced astrologers. However, there are some popular remedies in Vedic astrology for Pitra Dosha Nivaran that you can perform at home. Read on to know How to remove Pitra Dosha with easy home remedies.
Perform Trapandi Shradh
Shraadh or Pitru Paksha is a period when the Hindu natives offer prayers and offerings to their forefathers for the peace of their soul. But if Shradh is not performed on the death anniversaries of your ancestors, then one should perform Trapandhi Shradh. According to Hindi scriptures, Trapandi Shradh is performed with reciting Pitra Puja mantra in the Ashvin Krishna Paksha. This ritual can be done within 15 days of the Trapandi Shradh period for appeasing forefathers and ancestors. Trapandi Shradh is an effective Vedic ritual to reduce the malefic effects of Pitra Dosha.
Give Water to a Banyan Tree
One should give water to a Banyan tree and render prayers and sacrifices to the forefathers. Native should pray to God for the peace and salvation of departed souls while performing this ritual.
Offer Water to Ancestors
Offering water to ancestors during Shradh is very beneficial to alleviate the malefic effects of Pitru Dosha.
Perform Shradh of Forefathers
It is essential to perform Shradh of the forefathers on their death anniversary to nullify Pitra Dosha.
For reducing the Pitru Dosha, natives should feed Brahmins and give offerings on the day of Amavasya.
Donate and do Charity
Good deeds can pacify the evil deeds of the past lives. Thus, as per Hindu scriptures, donation and charity is a good way to alleviate Pitru Dosha. Natives should feed and distribute clothes to the needy people. Native should distribute food in the nearby temples on Amavasya and Poornima.
Wear Gemstone for Pitra Dosha
Gemstones consist of positive energy that can reduce the malefic planets in your horoscope. Thus, one should wear relevant gemstones for Pitra Dosha to strengthen the benefic planets and reduce the Pitru Dosha effects. Astrologers suggest wearing Ruby Gemstone for Pitra Dosha removal in the horoscope. Ruby strengthens the Sun and reduces the malefic effects of Planets during Pitra Dosha period.
Recite Mantra for Pitra Dosha Nivaran
Pitra Dosha Nivarana Mantra should be chanted every day. The powerful mantra to remove Pitra Dosha is very beneficial in nullifying and reducing the Pitra Dosha in your horoscope.
One should perform Rudraabhishek under guidance of Priest in your forefather’s name to eliminate Pitra Dosha ill-effects.
Perform Pitra Dosha Nivaran Puja
Pitra Dosha Nivaran Puja should be performed after consulting your astrologer or Pandit to reduce the Pitra dosha effects. One should always perform this Puja after analyzing the position of the malefic planets and doing Pitru Dosha analysis.
Feed Crow, Cows or other Animals
Native should feed cows, fishes, crows, dogs or other street animals on the day of Poornima and Amavasya and in Shradh.
Also See: Nadi Dosha Remedies After Marriage
Pitra Dosha Remedies For Malefic Planets
There are other astrological remedies to nullify and alleviate Pitra Dosha effects other than Pitra Dosha Home Remedies. Read on to know what are these remedies for overcoming Pitra Dosha and How to remove Pitra Dosha based on the malefic planets position in your horoscope.
Pitru Dosha Remedies for Rahu
- Crows, in Hindu beliefs, symbolizes the ancestors. Thus, to nullify Pitru Dosha due to Rahu, one should offer food to crows and cows.
- Native should collect coconuts from every family member and then flow it into a sacred lake or pond or river on the day of feeding crows and cows. This is a powerful Pitra Dosha Remedies of Lal Kitab to nullify the effects of Pitra Dosha.
Pitru Dosha Remedies for Ketu
- Native should gather money from the family members and offer food to at least 100 dogs.
Pitru Dosha Remedies for Sun and Moon
The main cause of Pitra Dosha due to Sun or Moon ill-positioning is the evil deeds or wrongdoings of parents of the native.
- One should offer food to cow or ox. This Pitra Dosha remedy of Lal Kitab alleviates the ill- effect of Sun and Moon in the horoscope.
- One should gather money from every brother and sister in the family and perform yagna or homam to reduce this Pitra Dosha effect.
- According to Pitru Dosha remedies of Lal Kitab, collect equal numbers of silver coins or biscuits and flow it into water seeking peace for ancestors’ souls.
Pitru Dosha Remedies for Jupiter
This Pitra Dosha occurs in the horoscope due to evil deeds performed by ancestors to mentor or Guru or native’s husband.
- Give money as charity to the needy or poor people. This is an effective Pitra Dosha remedy for marriage.
- Give money donations to a temple or a sacred religious place.
- One should take care of the temple around your ancestral property and look after its maintenance.
- Water a Peepal tree and take care of it.
Pitru Dosha Remedies for Saturn
The wrong deeds against the servants or poor people causes Pitra Dosha due to malefic Saturn.
- To nullify this Pitra Dosha, one should feed poor people, at least 100.
- Native should offer food to 100 fishes.
Pitru Dosha Remedies for Venus
Bad deeds performed against one’s wife or other women become the reason for Pitra Dosha due to malefic Venus in the horoscope.
- For reducing the effects of Pitra Dosha due to Venu, donate food or money to the needy women.
- Natives should also feed 100 cows and seek peace and forgiveness from God.
Pitra Dosha Remedies for Mars
If any crime or sin is done against one’s servant, then Pitra Dosha due to Mars emerges in the horoscope.
- Natives should collect money from each member of the family and donate it to any nearby hospital or a doctor who serves poor and needy people.
Pitru Dosha Remedies for Mercury
Wrong deeds performed against any younger sister of someone or any girl causes Pitra Dosha due to malefic Mercury in the Birth Chart.
- To nullify this Pitru Dosham, native should burn a Cowrie of yellow color. Afterwards, the ashes should be flown into the flowing water at the same time.
Pitra Dosha effects on the Individual's life can be severe and dreadful depending upon the positions of the planets in your horoscope. Thus, before performing the aforementioned astrological remedies, it is always advisable to consult an expert Astrologer and get the best remedy for Pitra Dosha in your horoscope.