Humans have always been fascinated by Gemstones and their enormous powers. As per Vedic astrology, Gemstones comprise an infinite source of energy that heals and enhances your spiritual powers. Since the Vedic ages, people used to wear various types of gemstones due to their beauty and remedial powers. They considered it the storehouse of cosmic energies which is rare and very powerful.
Know Your Lucky Gemstone!
Ask an online Vedic astrologer and find lucky stones that may bring luck, love and success to you. Brighten up your life with the energy of gemstones.Chat with Best Astrologer
What is Gemstone?
Gemstones are precious rocks or minerals that are cut and polished to wear as ornaments and jewelry. These beautiful stones are known for their uniqueness and dazzling beauty. Gemstones can be found in different types of colors and shapes.
As far as the history of gemstones is concerned, Gemstones were only worn by Kings and royal people due to their preciousness. They also used to wear it as talismans and amulets to keep the ghosts and evil forces away from themselves. Some people used to collect gemstones as investments while some used them as medicine. Ancient people believed that certain gemstones could protect them from illness, misfortune and unhappiness.
Why are Gemstones Used?
The main reason due to which gemstones are still worn by the people is their incredible healing powers. It is believed that gemstones offer great powers to their wearers. Gemstones transmit vibrations and frequencies that strongly impact the body and life of the native. The magnetic powers of astrological gemstones provide therapeutic cures and help in invoking the spiritual energies. Opal, Red Coral, Ruby are the few gemstone names that consist of great healing and spiritual powers.
Also See: Auspicious Nakshatra to Buy Gold in 2021
Zodiac Signs Gemstones
In Vedic astrology, gemstones are suggested to be worn based on the zodiac signs. These are called zodiac signs gems or horoscope gems. These zodiac sign gems are said to eliminate all the negative energies and offer growth and opulence in the life of natives. Zodiac signs gems also bring good luck and fortune. In marriage compatibility issues, career problems, health issues and other astrological or Kundali Doshas, astrologers suggest wearing gemstones of your zodiac signs.
Most of the Gemstone names are derived from Latin or Greek roots referring to the particular quality of the gem. For instance, Malachite, a green stone, came from the Greek word mallow which means green herb while the diamond derived its name from the Greek word Adamas which means invincible and untamed.
Some of the gemstone names came from the place where they are first found. For instance, the Tanzanite gem was first discovered near the Tanzania border. There is another common tradition of naming gemstones in the name of the discoverer. For instance, Prehnite was named after the discoverer Colonel Hendrik Prehn. Sometimes, gemstones’ names are on famous people or who first identified it as new material.
Here is the list of precious stones names in A to Z order. We have curated the list of gemstones with picture names so that you may easily get specific gemstone information by clicking on the gemstone name and picture.
Types of Gemstone Lists
There are different types of gemstones based on their composition, quality, effects, purity, cutting style, market value and purpose. Here, you can find the list of gemstones based on the different types they are categorized into.
1. List of Gemstone by Value
Based on the value, the gemstones are divided into Precious and Semi-precious stones.
- Precious- Gemstones with rarity and high-end beauty are considered Precious stones. They are very expensive and possess very good quality. Due to their beauty, these are worn by people as jewelry and ornaments. These jewelry gemstones are also used for healing and spiritual practices. The four precious stones’ names are Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire and Emerald. Click and read more about the precious gemstones here.
- Semiprecious- Apart from the four precious stones, all the other gemstones are referred to as Semiprecious. They are not much expensive and mostly worn as substitutes for precious stones. Learn more about the Semi-precious stones and get detailed gemstone information about them.
2. List of Gemstones by Species
Here is the list of gemstones based on the composition.
- Minerals- These are inorganic crystals that are cut and polished to enhance their beauty and create different types of gems. Each mineral possesses different color, luster, hardness, marks, inclusions and chemical composition. Sapphire, emerald, diamond, ruby etc are examples of minerals.
- Organic Gemstones- These gemstones are formed due to fossils of living organisms or organic substances that were buried under the earth millions of years ago. The popular organic gemstone naves are Pearl, Red coral, white coral and Amber.
- Rocks- These are not minerals but specific rocks that are referred to as gemstones. They are cut and polished carefully to create faceted gems, jewelry, precious stones, cabochons for healing and for keeping as antiques. Obsidian, Bloodstone, Yellow diamond, Topaz, etc are some of the examples of rocks.
3. List on Gemstones by Purpose
Gemstones are used for various purposes. From healing to jewelry to decoration, these beautiful stones are used everywhere. Thus, depending on their purpose, these gemstones are divided into the following categories.
- Astrological Gemstones- In Indian Vedic astrology, gemstones have great significance. According to it, there are certain gemstones that suit you as per your date of birth. These gemstones are called Birthstones. These specific astrology stones possess immense powers that can reduce the negative energies and bring positivity and good luck in the lives of the wearer. Also referred to as zodiac signs gems, these gemstones are worn by natives as birthstone jewelry to invoke energies of a specific planet. It is always advisable to consult an Online Astrologer to know about your zodiac gemstone and get the best gemstones recommendations according to your date of birth.
- Healing Gemstones- Gemstones are considered very beneficial for a therapeutic cure. They exhibit great healing powers and keeps the body and mind of the native relaxed. It is believed that gemstones carry energies to induce a placebo effect in the body which is very effective in medical treatment. For instance, gemstones such as Rose quartz are believed to heal cardiac issues, Garnet helps in revitalizing your mind and body and Pearl is used for treating digestive ailments and fertility issues.
- Jewelry Gemstones- These gemstones are used for creating ornaments and jewelry. They are fancy colored gems that are worn as accessories mostly. The most common jewelry gemstones names are Kunzite, morganite, Citrine, Emerald etc.
- Collection Gemstones- Gemstones are often collected by gem enthusiasts and collectors to be kept as antiques. Preserving gemstones and keeping them also brings positivity and good luck at home.
4. List of Gemstones Based on Cut
- Faceted Gemstones- These gemstones include all types of gemstones that possess facets or cuts on their surface. They exhibit good luster and brilliant quality. The precious stones with good transparency and clarity are often used to form faceted gems.
- Cabochon Gemstones- Often referred to as Cab, these gemstones possess good shape and polished convex top along with a flat or slightly domed base. Generally, Cabochons are shaped from the opaque or semi-translucent gemstone.
- Calibrated Gemstone- These gemstones are calibrated to meet the requirements of the commercial jewelry industry. They are solid in sizes and cut to standard sizes to fit the existing standard sizes of jewelry settings.
Also See: Check Government Job Yog in Your Kundali
5. List of Gemstones by Color
Color is an important factor when it comes to buying gemstones. Gemstone colors come from the chemical composition and crystalline structure that absorbs different wavelengths of light. Sometimes, the inclusion of impurities in the gemstone structure also leads to the unique color of colorless gemstones. There are various kinds of colors of gemstones that it is not possible to place in an exact category. If you want genuine gemstone with a great variety of colors, DashaSpeaks can help you to find a large collection of gemstones.
Take a look at the list of gemstones by colors for quick and detailed gemstones information. This list includes red stone names, blue stone names, green stone names and much more!
- Red Gemstones- Ruby, Spinel, Red Coral, Garnet, Rhodolite Garnet, Strawberry Quartz, Rubellite, Carnelian and Red Zircon, Red tourmaline etc.
- Pink Gemstone- Pink Opal, Kunzite, Rose Quartz, Pink Tourmaline, Pink Pearl etc.
- Blue Gemstones- Blue sapphire, Amethyst, Blue Topaz, Aquamarine, Blue Topaz, Blue Tourmaline, Blue Opal, Larimar, Howlite, Turquoise, Iolite, Kyanite, Paraiba Tourmaline,Blue Jadeite, Blue Zircon and Apatite etc.
- Green Gemstones- Tsavorite Garnet, Emerald, Alexandrite, Bloodstone, Peridot, Beryl, Aventurine, Jade, Jadeite, Bloodstone, Chrome diopside, Maw-Sit-Sit, Malachite, Chrome Tourmaline, serpentine, Green Sapphire, Green Tourmaline, Green Onyx, Moldavite and Sphene etc.
- Yellow/Gold Gemstones- Yellow Sapphire, Citrine, Yellow Opal, Amber, Yellow Fluorite, Yellow/Golden Beryl, Yellow Apatite, Rutile Quartz, Heliodor, Yellow Zircon and Mali garnet etc.
- Purple Gemstones- Amethyst, Charoite, Amethyst Geode, Purple Spinel etc.
- Brown/Bronze Gemstones- Hessonite, Star Sunstone, Brown Rutile Quartz, Chrysoberyl Cats eye, Smoky Quartz etc.
- Black Gemstones- Black Tourmaline, Black Star Sapphire, Obsidian, Star Diopside, Schorl Tourmaline, Black Spinel etc.
- Orange Gemstones- Orange Agate, Orange moonstone, Orange Zircon, Orange Opal, Hessonite Garnet etc.
- White Gemstones- Howlite, Opal, Pearls, White Moonstone, White Coral, Rainbow Moonstone and Scolecite etc.
- Colorless Gemstones- White Sapphire, Diamond, White Zircon and White Topaz etc.
- Bicolour or Multicoloured Gemstones – Multicolor Opal, Snowflake Obsidian, Fire Agate,, Bicolour Sapphire, Boulder Opal, Watermelon Tourmaline, Pitambari Neelam and Ruby Zoisite etc.